St. Philip School, mindful of its mission to be witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any creed, race, color, national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of creed, race, color, national and/or ethnic origin, age, gender or disability in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school‐administered programs.
Eligibility for Kindergarten is based on the child's developmental and chronological age, which must be five years old by September 1st of the year of entrance. The developmental age is determined by a screening test and the student's previous school's evaluation.
For students that do not meet the cut off date, we offer a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program. TK is a two-year kindergarten readiness program for students who turn five years old between September 2nd and December 2nd. Please review the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for more details related to this exciting program!
key dates for TK and K admissions
- Attend an Open House on October 10th or November 14th at 6:30pm
- Schedule a day tour either Tuesday or Wednesdays at 9:00am
- Pick up an Application Packet from the school office, download on our website or call 415-824-8476 to receive one in the mail
- Application Packet is due Thursday, December 1, 2016 and includes
- $50 application fee (check made payable to “St. Philip School”)
- Child’s birth certificate
- Baptism certificate (if Catholic)
- For new families applying for grades 1 through 8: grades from last two years, as applicable
- You will be contacted to schedule your child’s screening date when your application is completed and received. Please bring your child to his/her screening at the assigned time
- Parents will be notified of acceptance through the mail by the end of January 2017
- There is a $450 non-refundable Registration Fee due by Friday, February 10, 2017 to hold a spot
- Health and Immunization forms are due: Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Please refer to the San Francisco School District – School Health Form located at www.sfusd.edu or contact the school office for further information