To improve the experience for all stakeholders, including students, faculty, and parents, through the effective deployment of technology as a tool both inside and outside the classroom.
CONTEXT FOR PLANNING
To prepare our students for high school, higher education, and life, St. Philip School believes that it is essential to emphasize and prioritize our students’ experience with technology. Through our strategic plan, we believe that it is important for us to provide 4 different kinds of technology “tools” – tools for classroom teaching and learning (educational technology); technology tools that will enable our students to be savvy users of technology in life (applications); tools to learn how to develop technology (computer science); and tools to enable efficient and effective school administration (communication, enrollment, etc.). To that end, St. Philip would aim to “mainstream” technology and expand resources to support technology including dedicated human resources and expanded financial support.
WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO
- In collaboration with school administration, faculty, and “expert” outside support, develop a comprehensive technology plan that is designed to complement the existing curriculum, support professional development of faculty, and prepare students for classroom and evolving “life” technology needs.
- Identify resources to work in partnership with the faculty to understand the lesson plans of the K – 8 teachers and jointly develop programs and teaching enhancements to ensure a richer experience.
- Implement the best model to ensure dedicated support is available to faculty on an ongoing basis.
- Create grade-level achievement goals for students that reflect the level of proficiency appropriate for classroom learning, life skills, and developing technology.
- Provide resources to support professional development of faculty.
- Improve the technology interfaces of the school (infrastructure).
- Engage high quality 3rd party contractors or consultants to develop better central resources for teachers and parents, including an online parent portal and the ability to reduce the amount of paper sent home.
- Update and standardize the accounting, HR and security software.
- Develop the capacity to support IT hardware and software on a real-time, as-needed basis.
- Engage a new cost effective IT support consultant who will be onsite and available to address IT related issues in real time.
- Identify vendors who can provide IT support and deploy ed-tech resources for academics.